Dear Parade Participant:
Plans and preparations are underway for a great 4th of July Celebration in Spicer!
The parade begins at 10:00 am July 4th, with the approximate length of the route being 1.5 miles, and crowd participation of more than 10,000.
Considerations for this year’s parade:
We encourage all entrants to maintain a patriotic theme.
- For safety and concern of the crowd, we do not allow water guns or water balloons on any parade unit.
- Candy is welcome and appreciated by all. For the safety of small children, we ask that you toss the candy to the curb, away from the parade vehicles.
- For scheduling purposes, we will not accept parade entries received after the deadline of June 14, 2019.
- We will be charging a $125 per unit entry fee. There will be no fee for non-profit organizations or civic groups.
- The Parade Committee reserves the right to refuse participation to any entry/organization whose purpose and/or practice is deemed undesirable by the Committee and/or not in keeping with the July 4th
There will be more on the parade route in your line-up letter to be mailed on/around June 21, 2019. We are predicting an even more spectacular turnout this year and we hope you will be joining us.
The date the entry is received will determine its priority in our line-up, so please send your entry in early if you want to be towards the beginning of the parade.
Please enclose your check, payable to Spicer Commercial Club, along with your entry form (attached).